No catchy title
Posted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:38 am
Starting to get pretty pissed off over here and wondering what you guys think about this situation.
As some of you may recall, I sold my '66 and '69 a little while back. However, both trucks are still here. The '69 is in the driveway and the '66 is STILL in storage (costing me 100.00 a month).
I received the first Bronco check on 6 December, and told the buyer to go ahead and arrange for shipping NOW and not wait for the check to clear. The buyer is a pretty prominent member on Classic Broncos and the sale price of the Bronco was not enough for me to be too worried about whether or not the check was going to have issues.
A day later I mentioned my '69 to him and he expressed an interest, had a look at some pictures, and decided he wanted it as well. Took about a week for the check to come in. I told him the same thing, "send the shipper".
I don't really care too much about having three Broncos. But the wife objects, and I did tell her I would get rid of the other two. But here they sit. One costing me money and the other reminding my wife of the promise I made to her.
I've emailed this guy several times and keep getting the same reply, "I'll let you know when I know". I've called him. Same thing.
Now here's the thing. This guy has bought no less than 8 other Broncos since I sold him mine. I don't know if the shipper has come through for him on those.
Here's what I'm thinking. I'm going to call this guy this weekend. I'm going to tell him that he has til February first to get these Broncos out of my hair or I will consider him to be no longer compliant in this transaction. In that case, I will send him a check for the full amount of what he paid for the Broncos, and they will go back on the market. If there is some sort of problem that prevents him getting these trucks moved by 1 February, it's going to start costing him (the same amount it costs me), because my opinion is if he didn't have the means to move the trucks, he shouldn't have bought the trucks. And I shouldn't be the guy paying for his lack of planning.
So, what do you guys think?
As some of you may recall, I sold my '66 and '69 a little while back. However, both trucks are still here. The '69 is in the driveway and the '66 is STILL in storage (costing me 100.00 a month).
I received the first Bronco check on 6 December, and told the buyer to go ahead and arrange for shipping NOW and not wait for the check to clear. The buyer is a pretty prominent member on Classic Broncos and the sale price of the Bronco was not enough for me to be too worried about whether or not the check was going to have issues.
A day later I mentioned my '69 to him and he expressed an interest, had a look at some pictures, and decided he wanted it as well. Took about a week for the check to come in. I told him the same thing, "send the shipper".
I don't really care too much about having three Broncos. But the wife objects, and I did tell her I would get rid of the other two. But here they sit. One costing me money and the other reminding my wife of the promise I made to her.
I've emailed this guy several times and keep getting the same reply, "I'll let you know when I know". I've called him. Same thing.
Now here's the thing. This guy has bought no less than 8 other Broncos since I sold him mine. I don't know if the shipper has come through for him on those.
Here's what I'm thinking. I'm going to call this guy this weekend. I'm going to tell him that he has til February first to get these Broncos out of my hair or I will consider him to be no longer compliant in this transaction. In that case, I will send him a check for the full amount of what he paid for the Broncos, and they will go back on the market. If there is some sort of problem that prevents him getting these trucks moved by 1 February, it's going to start costing him (the same amount it costs me), because my opinion is if he didn't have the means to move the trucks, he shouldn't have bought the trucks. And I shouldn't be the guy paying for his lack of planning.
So, what do you guys think?